Primary Care Services
Atlantic Family Physicians
You’ve likely found us because you or someone close to you is in need of primary care medical services in Sussex County, Delaware.
One of the mainstays of excellent healthcare comes from selecting the right physician. At Atlantic Family Physicians, Dr. Fabricio Alarcon, a respected internist, has earned the distinction of being named a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine. As such, he is more than qualified to provide primary care services for you and your loved ones from his convenient Georgetown location.
Dr. Alarcon and his staff have been providing excellent care for more than two decades to residents of Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Georgetown, and other areas in Sussex County.
Our practice can address your primary care needs to ensure many of your health requirements are met. In addition, Atlantic Family Physicians provides a spectrum of specialized services, including substance abuse treatment, medically supervised weight loss, and alternative medicine.
Utilizing a care team of nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and nurses, Atlantic Family Physicians is a single healthcare facility that can address multiple healthcare needs. Our practice takes care of you as a person, taking your overall health into account.
Our team applies advanced scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to diagnose, treat and manage an array of healthcare needs. We’re here to help you with your acute illnesses or chronic disease, as well as to promote wellness and prevention to assist you in living the healthiest life possible.
Meet Dr. Fabricio Alarcon, MD, FACP
Our practice was founded by Dr. Fabricio Alarcon, an MD as an internal medicine doctor, Dr. Alarcon is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
- A Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Obesity Medicine
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine
How Our Primary Care Resources Can Help You
Primary care or family medicine involves treating patients of all genders from birth onward. It’s a holistic relationship with a patient that can last through generations of family members, with treatment options for every stage of life. Dr. Alarcon often acts as a patient’s first contact with the healthcare system in providing many needed healthcare services. He can act as an advocate for your personal health by evaluating symptoms, diagnosing illnesses and injuries, and managing your health.
Preventative care is a large part of what Dr. Alarcon offers, in addition to immunizations and blood tests, annual checkups, the diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes.
As an experienced internist, Dr. Alarcon can help with a variety of health services. You will have access to wellness screenings, injury and illness care, and assistance with chronic conditions. Below is a list of some of the services our compassionate staff offers those in Georgetown and areas nearby.
Being proactive is the best way to stay well as you progress in life. Wellness screenings are a staple of our practice and offer a way to ensure you know about any potential health issues. Visiting Atlantic Family Physicians and having regular tests done can help you with the prevention of medical problems. Some of the prevention and wellness screenings we offer include:
- Breast, cervical, colorectal, and prostate cancers
- Development disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Immunization status
- Risk factors for heart disease
- Signs of domestic violence
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Atlantic Family Physicians can help when you are injured, sick, or have concerning symptoms. All the providers can provide the following services to ensure your health and wellness.
- Diagnose conditions using a variety of laboratory tests
- Manage dehydration or fevers
- Prescribe appropriate medications and alternative medicines for conditions
- Ensure new medications do not interact with existing medications you take
- Evaluate your heart through the use of an electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Provide spirometry tests to determine how well your lungs function
- Treat acute problems such as urinary tract infections, migraine headaches, and asthma attacks
- Provide preliminary testing to evaluate potential broken bones
- Brace, splint, or cast injured limbs
- Treat minor muscle sprains or strains, rashes, bites, and skin infections
- Provide you with resources for mental health resources in Sussex County
- Determine whether you need to speak with a specialist
In addition to offering wellness services and care for acute issues and injuries, Atlantic Family Physicians also assists with chronic conditions. If you are suffering from a long-term health issue, our providers can offer the following solutions:
- Connect you with specialists and resources pertaining to the condition
- Coordinate your care with other physicians you see
- Provide required lab tests to monitor your progress and health
- Prescribe medications to manage your symptoms and alter them as needed
- Monitor interactions between drugs while being treated for more than one condition
- Assist you with creating a self-care, exercise, and diet plan
Atlantic Family Physicians’ Mission
The primary mission at Atlantic Family Physicians is to improve the well-being and health of all of our patients. We provide this through our commitment to your well being in all services we provide. As a result, our practice offers high-quality services and compassionate care for each patient.
We focus on providing professional, consistent, and convenient health care that you can count on. In addition, as the world moves forward with automation and other modern technology, we value maintaining personal relationships with our patients. Our goal is to offer a healthcare experience that creates unparalleled satisfaction.
Our values at Atlantic Family Physicians include the following:
- The pursuit of excellence in all types of medical care
- The promotion of good health using a comprehensive model
- The promise of exceptional personalized service
- The respect for diversity to create an environment of inclusion